On Thursday, May 1, Village Independent Democrats and other local Democratic
clubs will sponsor a forum for candidates for New York State offices.
Candidates will have an opportunity to speak about the issues facing New York
City and State and their upcoming campaigns, and answer questions from the
public. Admission is free!
The event, at the Community Room of St. John’s Lutheran Church, 83 Christopher
Street (just west of Seventh Avenue), will run from 630 pm -10 pm.
* Keith Wright, Chairman of the New York County Democrats, Assembly Member,
and a Co-Chair of the New York State Democratic Party, who will speak on behalf
of Governor Andrew Cuomo.
* First Deputy Comptroller of the State of New York, Pete Grannis, representing
Comptroller Tom DiNapoli.
* Brad Hoylman, New York State Senator for the 27th District.
* Deborah Glick, Assembly Member for the 66th
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.
* Dan Squadron, New York State Senator for the 26th
district, who will also represent
Village Independent Democrats
* Candidates for New York State Democratic Committee.
Co-sponsors of the event include Downtown Independent Democrats, Downtown
Progressive Democrats, Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club, Lower Manhattan
Democrats, Village Reform Democratic Club, Greater NYC for Change, Gay and
Lesbian Independent Democrats, and Manhattan Young Democrats.
For more information, call V.I.D. Campaign Chair Ed Yutkowitz, at 212-255-4301,
or email him at email@example.com.