Not only will you get incredible discounts on all alcohol, but we’ll have an exclusive panel of influential speakers (current and former elected officials) discussing Mayor Bill de Blasio‘s first 100 days.
- Special Guest: Gale Brewer – Elected Manhattan Borough President.
- Panelist: James Parrott – Deputy Director and Chief Economist, Fiscal Policy Institute. Parrott previously served as Chief Economist and Director of the Bureau of Fiscal and Economic Analysis for the Office of the State Deputy Comptroller for NYC; as well as Chief Economist for the City of New York’s economic policy office under Mayor David N. Dinkins.
- Panelist:Ben Kabak – Founder & Writer of Second Ave. Sagas. Dubbed the Transit Authority by the Village Voice, Second Ave. Sagas has been the home for news, views and commentary on the subway system, MTA and transportation in New York City since November 2006. While founded with the intention of tracking the progress of the Second Ave. Subway line, SAS has morphed into a site that focuses on all things transit underground and above ground – including fare hikes to map design, labor policies to construction, bus rapid transit to underground technology.
- Panelist:Cass Conrad – Executive Director, CUNY School Support & Development. Conrad joined CUNY as the founding Director of the Early College Initiative, a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation-funded effort to establish 12 early college schools in partnership with the Department of Education. She previously worked with states and school districts across the country to create k-12 professional development curriculum focused on classroom-based best practices.
- Panelist: Lisa Levy – Lisa Levy is the Director of Policy, Advocacy, & Organizing. In this position she advises all policy issues and manages all community organizing activities. As a legal services attorney, Lisa spent six years prior to coming to NYCCAH representing low income, disabled clients who were denied government benefits including SNAP, SSI, SSD, Medicaid, as well as in eviction and other proceedings.
- Moderator: Seth Barron – Founder & Writer, City Council Watch, a good government, anti-corruption muckraking project.