This year we’ve introduced the Issues Assembly, which has gotten off to a roaring start! Now, we need YOU to help run it. We will be electing Members-at-Large to manage portfolios of the issues our members care about most. The election will take place at our next Issues Assembly on April 14th. A more detailed position description follows. If you’re interested in running for Member-at-Large, please send your resume and a statement of interest to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members-at-Large will be elected by members of the Issues Assembly. Members-at-Large are responsible for managing a portfolio of issues or campaigns based on those discussed at the Issues Assembly or the current political climate. Members-at-Large shall not manage more than 3 issues within their portfolio at a time. Members-at-Large will serve as voting members of MYD’s Board of Directors and will work closely with the Issues Assembly Director to achieve membership and legislative priorities, and to support MYD’s political agenda.
- Keep tabs on current, relevant legislation, as well as political shifts in portfolio issues
- Encourage general membership to join the Issues Assembly through direct engagement
- Engage active Issues Assembly membership
- Plan and execute events based on portfolio issues
- Attend all Issues Assembly and Executive Board meetings
Please note: applicants must be active, dues paying MYD members.