Andrew Cuomo released a short video this morning announcing that he will run for Governor of New York. He also released a longer video, 21 min, which I embedded below. In that video he outlines a wide range of his policy positions. The NYTimes also has a great interactive feature called Perspectives on Andrew M. Cuomo, “where former colleagues, mentors and campaign challengers” speak about Cuomo’s “leadership style, accomplishments and temperament.”
I also recently received a blast email from his campaign:
Sadly, our state government has failed our people. It has been paralyzed all too often by partisan politics and corruption.
We must change all that. It’s time to overhaul our government — clean it up, pare it down and make it work.
Here’s what we need to do to get started:
- Clean up the corruption in Albany and restore honor and integrity to our state government.
- Get our fiscal house in order by controlling government spending and putting a cap on local property taxes.
- Overhaul the size of state and local government to reduce costs and make them more efficient and effective.
- Take bold new measures to create more jobs and jump-start New York’s innovation economy.
- Protect our basic rights and freedoms, including a woman’s right to choose, marriage equality, and freedom from discrimination.