Unfortunately, our current Secretary has decided to resign her position, due to personal circumstances. Therefore, as was announced at our general meeting last night, we will be holding an election for her replacement at our next general meeting.
The meeting to elect a new Secretary will be held Tuesday, June 21 at 7pm.
To run for this position you must have attended at least one MYD event in 2016 and be up to date on your dues.
Anyone interested in running, please submit the following Officer Application to email@example.com with the subject line “2016 Secretary Application” by midnight on Monday, June 6th. Applications will then be posted to our website the following morning, for the general membership to read and review prior to the election meeting.
MYD Secretary Application
To be voted on at the MYD | June General Meeting.
Submitted applications (not including contact information) will be available on gomyd.com for the membership to view no later than two weeks prior to the election.
Applicants must be a 2016 dues paying member.
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, June 6th.
Position Running For:
MYD events attended in 2016:
Please answer the following questions.
1) What is your vision for the Manhattan Young Democrats in the second half of 2016? Give some concrete examples of initiatives you would like to undertake before the end of the year.
2) Why do you think you’re a good fit? Please list relevant experiences you would draw from and strengths you could bring to the position you are running for.
3) Serving on the executive board of MYD is a significant time commitment. How committed will you be as a member — how would you be able to fit your leadership responsibilities within your current schedule? Please list your commitments outside of your employment (i.e. leadership positions in other clubs).
4) What 3 (three) issues would you consider most important to New York?
5) What do you see as the biggest challenge to engaging young voters? In broad terms, how can we make changes to correct it?
6) (Optional) Is there anything else you think MYD’s membership and leadership should know about you before reviewing you application?