The President asked and MYD answered his call to service in our communities. Whether it was volunteering with the City Harvest Mobile Market in Washington Heights, New Yorkers for Safe Transit in East Harlem, New York Cares Spring Day, Sanctuary for Families, Hurricane Sandy Rockaways cleanup trips or the Yorkville Common Pantry, MYD members made a huge impact last year, getting out into the community and helping their neighbors on a range of issues and good causes.
Building on that momentum, we want to expand volunteer opportunities for our members. Join the community service team at our meeting on Monday, 7pm at Kaffe 1668, 401 Greenwich St. in Tribeca, to learn more about volunteering with MYD and share your ideas. Here’s what we’ll talk about:
- The role and history of community service at MYD
- Service in society, civic engagement & progressive values
- Impact of service and volunteering at a local, community level
- Collaboration with issue-oriented committees on projects
- What we’ve done before, what we’re planning & what we should do over the next few months
- Service learning in schools and universities, engagement with corporate partners & public/private partnerships
- How you can get involved & building up the community service team
Email Jordan at [email protected] with any questions and to let him know you’re coming. Hope to see you there!