Applications are officially open for 2016 MYD Directorships!
2016 is going to be a big year, and we’re looking for great people to join our team. If you’re interested in getting more involved with MYD this year, take a look at our open positions below.
Applications for the positions listed are due by Tuesday, December 22nd at 5 PM. Interviews will then be conducted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. We ask all candidates to please be prepared to attend your first Board meeting as early as January 5th, should you be appointed.
To apply, simply fill out the form at the bottom, and email it and your resume to: [email protected]
Director Descriptions (in no particular order):
- Political Director – The Political Director is responsible for tracking elections, candidates, appointments, and any legislative issues of interest to MYD. The Political Director will also assist in developing and managing campaign strategy and mobilization for MYD this election season, including volunteer recruitment and deployment (both in and out of the state). Additionally, the Political Director will help ensure that MYD has a strong presence amongst the local clubs. The Political Director reports to the President.
- Policy Director – The Policy Director is responsible for maintaining and updating the internal policies of MYD, and developing the policy platform and agenda for MYD, in consultation with the Executive Board and the general membership. The Policy Director will also consult on all policy programming. Additionally, the Policy Director will be eligible to chair the monthly Issues Assembly meetings. The Policy Director reports to the President.
- Technical Director – The Technical Director is responsible for maintenance and development of the MYD website, and general web presence. The Technical Director will also maintain all MYD email accounts, and will be responsible for developing new tools to aid in the efficient and effective operations of MYD. The Technical Director reports to the President.
- Membership Director – The Membership Director is responsible for growing the general membership of MYD and building membership participation, including the coordination of volunteer and other service opportunities to get members involved. The Membership Director will also maintain up-to-date membership lists. Additionally, the Membership Director will be eligible to chair the monthly Issues Assembly meetings. The Membership Director reports to the Vice President.
- Programming Director – The Programming Director is responsible for coordinating all regular MYD programming. Such programming includes the organization of Learning Labs and other training sessions of subjects of policy and politics. The Programming Director will also coordinate speakers and presenters for general body meetings, as well as for any panel discussions organized by MYD. Additionally, the Programming Director will be eligible to chair the monthly Issues Assembly meetings. The Programming Director reports to the Vice President.
- Finance Director – The Finance Director is responsible for raising funds by tracking donors and finding new sources of funding for the organization. The Finance Director will also assist the Treasurer in filing reports and meeting deadlines. The Finance Director will work closely with the Events Director in planning fundraisers. The Finance Director reports to the Treasurer
- Events Director – The Events Director is responsible for planning and executing special events for the organization. These events may include, but are not limited to, fundraisers, conventions, general meetings and campaign invasions. The Events Director will also organize space and logistics for all regularly scheduled MYD meetings, including general body meetings and Issues Assemblies. The Events Director reports to the Secretary.
- Creative Director – The Creative Director is responsible for developing and maintaining consistent design and branding across all MYD communications and resources. Anything produced by the organization for public consumption, with the exception of standard documents on letterhead, must have consult of Creative Director. The Creative Director reports to the Secretary.
- Communications Director – The Communications Director is responsible for regular media outreach and communications on all mediums, including social media. The Communications Director is also responsible for messaging, in consultation with the Secretary, to whom the Communications Director reports.
- College & University Liaison – The College & University Liaison will act as a liaison between the MYD Executive Board and local colleges and universities, and will coordinate and implement recruitment efforts at these institutions. The College & University Liaison reports to the Executive Board.
- High School Liaison – The High School Liaison will act as a liaison between the MYD Executive Board and local high schools, and will coordinate and implement recruitment efforts at these institutions. The High School Liaison reports to the Executive Board.
MYD Director Application:
Please submit answers to these questions, along with your resume, to [email protected] by 5pm on Tuesday, December 22nd.
MYD events attended in 2015:
Please answer the following questions.
1) What is your vision for the Manhattan Young Democrats for 2016? Give some concrete examples of initiatives you would like to undertake before the end of the year.
2) Why do you think you’re a good fit? Please list relevant experiences you would draw from and strengths you could bring to the position you are applying for.
3) Serving on the executive board of MYD is a significant time commitment. How committed will you be as a member — how would you be able to fit your leadership responsibilities within your current schedule? Please list your commitments outside of your employment (i.e. leadership positions in other clubs).
4) Give an example of an issue that’s important to young New Yorkers and how you would, from your position, engage our membership to take action on that issue.
5) (Optional) Is there anything else you think the Officers should know about you before reviewing your application?